Today I was asked "what time are you going to church on Christmas?" I was quite surprised and had to really stop and process what I was asked. (Yes, I still am adjusting to the culture out here, it's not like Utah.) I responded with an "I don't go to church on Christmas, I just go on Sunday every week." From the surprised expression on her face I told her that we have a special Christmas program on the Sunday near Christmas, but that we didn't have an actual service on Christmas, unless it fell on a Sunday. This thought crossed my mind, why don't the members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints go to church on Christmas and Easter? It seem that the rest of the christian population (my knowledge is extremely limited as far as who goes and who doesn't) heads off to church on Easter and Christmas. That if you're going to go to church at all Christmas and Easter are definitely the times to go. It provides me with something to think about. Any thoughts?
3 comments:
A lot of the world only goes thoes two days. I think that if they were going every Sunday like us they wouldn't think it so weird not to go on those days unless it fell on a Sunday. I really enjoy staying home on Christmas.
So... we always go to church on easter...
True, True we do always go to church on Easter, just because it always falls on a Sunday! : )
Post a Comment