Today was the day I decided it was time to give Tiger a bath. She absolutely loves the water. If the bathroom door is left open she'll go in there and climb in the tub looking for some water to lap up. Brooklyn and Sadie were playing a computer game while I bathed Tiger. As I'm dumping buckets of water over Tiger, she just calmly sits there drinking the water as it falls into the tub. Then she sits and laps up more water. Then as I'm trying to shampoo her she just lies down on her stomach and lounges in the tub while I'm trying to wash her all over. I don't know what is harder, trying to wash a wiggly dog or one that just sits there and doesn't move. I think I got at least half of her thoroughly shampooed and hoped the residual soapy water did the rest.
Do you have any idea how long it takes for a golden retriever to dry? I had the blow dryer out and it was taking forever. She's mostly dry now but still a little damp in some places. At least she smells better, feels softer, and has the beautiful puffed up puppy look. She is definitely a water dog.
Mid-bath Sadie comes in and unbeknownst to me took off with the kids toothpaste. I came out to find toothpaste smeared all over the computer desk, mouse, and the girls. Then after Eric came up for lunch he sat in the computer chair and had a nice pattern of the mesh chair on his back in pink toothpaste. I hope I've got it all cleaned up now. If only I can keep Tiger and the girls busy on this rainy day! Any suggestions how to keep a large dog busy?
Fly on the wall: Thursday
6 years ago
1 comment:
How about a new bone to chew.
Post a Comment