Last night for FHE we did the lesson that Brooklyn brought home from her primary class on the first vision. Brooklyn was all excited that she was in charge of the lesson. Eric put Joseph Smith together with paper fasteners so you could make him sit or stand or kneel. Then we had the Sacred Grove backdrop thanks to her teachers and a few other cut outs to help tell the story. It was a great lesson, I know Brooklyn participated and was listening. Sadie on the other hand was busy doing a puzzle and I don't know how much she got out of it.
After the lesson we were talking about how Heavenly Father can answer our prayers. I reminded Brooklyn of the time she went into her room to say a prayer for Grandma Jane after her piano accident and was trying to help her recognize the Holy Ghost. When Brooklyn says "Jesus didn't come down in my room." How does one handle that situation?!? He didn't come and answer her prayer personally. I know I've felt like that before and wondered why the angels haven't appeared to me and answered my prayers. But a 3 year old? They truly are a chosen generation. Hopefully she understood a little about the Holy Ghost and that she can still get answers to her prayers even if Jesus doesn't come personally into her room.
It's times like these that make you smile and make you hope that you are doing enough in teaching your children the gospel.
Fly on the wall: Thursday
6 years ago
1 comment:
Sounds like you all had a great Family Home Evening. The first vision is a great learning experience for kids at that age. I think thats awsome that your daugher went into her room by herself and prayed for her Grandma.
Post a Comment