Thursday, June 24, 2010

Small Animals and Not so Small Animals 2010

Aww! Small animals! We love where we live! So much to see and do, well that is if you can find out about it before it happens rather than read about it after it's over. Advertising is lacking out here...

Fortunately or unfortunately, I spend a fair amount of time researching fun activities like this to do. We've been the last couple years and have thoroughly enjoyed it. One of the highlights is that you get to ride a bus and visit the nearby poultry farm and horse farm, on your way there you drive by the beef and dairy cattle farms, which are actually closer to my house than the pavilion where you load on the bus. But the kids and I love it just the same. It's even more fun when Daddy can come!

Here is my sweet Eric holding a baby duckling. They are so cute, definitely my favorite!Brooklyn and Sadie petting a baby chick! They had baby chicks, turkeys, quails, ducks, all available to hold. The girls absolutely loved it! One of the turkeys I was holding was so tired as soon as you held it still in your hand it would fall asleep. I didn't want to put it down just to let it have a little rest. Poor little babies were so tired from all the picking up and holding going on that day.

A dairy cow a not so small animal. Cows to sit on, cows to milk, what more could a kid want?

This little piggy went to small animals day, and squealed the whole time he was away from home! Quite the noisy little porkers! But still fun to pet.
Go Babe! I mean, oh wait, that's a real sheep dog herding sheep. Babe hasn't quite learned the ropes yet. It was fun to see the dog in action and the sheep respond.
Baby lamb! So soft. I just love the spring and all the new life that comes with it.

No comments: