Thursday, September 9, 2010

Flu Season

So I've been diagnosed with the Egyptian flu. For those of you not familiar with this strain of flu the course of the illness begins with general fatigue followed by nausea. Then you start to gain a lot of weight and require close doctor supervision including blood work, ultrasounds, cultures. As the flu progresses and reaches it's peak you eventually end up in the hospital with severe abdominal cramping, bleeding, and then you become a mummy!

Yes it's true. I've got it. I should be cured around April 6, 2011. In the meantime I'll be trying to not dry heave all over everywhere and stop the heartburn.

I still plan to swim from Alcatraz. I chose this partially because I was planning to become pregnant and knew that I could train for it throughout the entire pregnancy unlike running. I feel there is enough time for me to have the baby and get enough training in before the big event. Wish me luck!

Just don't tell my girls about it yet! We have felt inspired not to tell them for the time being. I'll let you know when you can talk about it openly with them. :) But for now, hush hush!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you. YAY. April is the perfect month to have a baby.

RaShawn said...

Congrats! I hope the morning sickness goes away soon!

Megan said...

Too Funny. I've never heard of Egyptian Flu before, I love that description. Congratulations!

kaylee said...

Haha! Ben was rather concerned for a little while. How awesome for you guys!

Welch Mom said...

Yipee! So excited for you. I love spring babies. It lets you hide the pregnancy weight in the winter!